Insulcoat 180FF, 150FF, 180 and 150 protective coatings
Insulcoat Coating Cements 180FF and 150FF are fibre free ceramic materials, blended with inorganic additives to provide air setting refractory coatings or bonding agents. When dried, Insulcoat Coating Cements provide a hard surface which is highly resistant to erosion and flame abrasion. Their insulating efficiency and inherent resistance to thermal shock helps prevent materials from spilling. Its resistance to sticking to many non-ferrous molten metals enables the cement to be used as a protective coating for a wide range of porous and non-porous materials.
Insulcoat Coating Cements have outstanding thermal reflectance properties which further increase the uses for these unique cements. When exposed to temperatures above 870°C, Insulcoat Coating Cements actually undergo an increase in strength due to the formation of a ceramic bond.
Typical applications for Insulcoat coating cements are:
* Coating for moulds for high purity liquid metal and molten glass
* Oxidation barrier for aluminium dip tubes, cast iron thermocouple tubes and galvanizing tanks
* Protective coating for molten aluminium distribution systems and associated implements
* Electrical insulation coating for core liners of induction furnaces
* Infrared radiating surface for heating elements
* Internal coating for automotive exhaust pipes
* Adhesive for ceramic parts
Do you need advice? Or do you have questions? Don't hesitate to contact us. Due to own production facilities Insulcon is able to deliver custom-made materials and solutions.
You can use the contact form as shown below or try the chat option. Our team is also available by e-mail.