HT Composite , is an oxide ceramic matrix composite, composed out of high temperature resistant ceramic endless fibers and matrices, based on metal oxides like AL2O3, Al2O3 + SiO2 (mullite) or SiO2. The HT Composites have the positive properties of classical monolithic ceramics like temperature resistance, corrosion resistance and hardness, combined with the well – known good properties of metals, like strength, damage tolerance and thermal shock resistance.
HT Composites have high temperature resistance (continuous up to 1300°C, temporarily up to 1500 °C) and are extreme thermal shock resistant. HT Composite replaces thin-walled, thermally high stressed metal structures and can be used in numerous applications (even in reducing atmospheres). The manufacturing of components is done with similar fabric laminating processes known from fiber – reinforced plastics or with an advanced winding/braiding technique of impregnated roving. With comparable forms, processes and special technical equipment it is possible to produce plates, tubes and complex, thin-walled lightweight structures. Available thicknesses: 0,5 up to 10 mm
* Burner technology, e.g. flame tubes, static mixers, porous burners;
* Kiln engineering, flue gas resistant LTM refractories, e.g. electrically isolating plates, edge protection, chip guard for heating elements
* Aluminum casting, thin wall ( zero accumulation!) launder systems, e.g. protection tubes and plates, conveying tubes, troughs, covers for conventional insulation.
* Thin HT resistant separation shapes, gaskets, membranes, etc.
* All kind of high temperature resistant 3D shapes. (up to 1300 °C)
* Micro wave resistant shapes and structures.